Kirkland, WA (January 4, 1999)- Monolith Productions announces the acquisition of Rage of Mages 2: Necromancer, the sequel to the innovative RPG/strategy game, Rage of Mages, published by Monolith in October of 1998. Monolith will unleash Rage of Mages 2 onto retail shelves everywhere in Spring, 1999.
Rage of Mages 2 enhances the tradition of its predecessor by combining the best elements of both role-playing and strategy games to create a unique gameplay style. Players are introduced to new role-playing elements, such as non-linear missions and more complex interactions with non-player characters. Strategic combat has been enriched with newly forged weapon and armor types as well as freshly conjured spell and magic effects. Armed with new skills, players must overcome the rampages of many new creatures on their quest to defeat the minions of the Necromancer. "Rage of Mages has been enthusiastically received by the gaming community," comments Daniel Bernstein, Director of Product Acquisitions for Monolith. "In Monolith's quest to continually provide the best games on the market, we are working side by side with our Russian development partner, Nival, to build upon this successful foundation and create an even more enjoyable gaming experience."
New game features include:
- 43 Non-linear, branching missions. Rage of Mages 2 personalizes the game playing experience by allowing players to experience greater variety on their quest.
- New story set in an original realm. Players lead their party of adventurers through middle-eastern desert cities and arboreal druid villages. Each location delivers new challenges and new foes.
- Increased replay value. Totally new multiplayer arenas support up to 16 players. In addition, character data now resides fully on the server to prevent player cheating.
- New multi-player map editor. A full-featured multiplayer map editor allows players to easily create their own worlds and distribute them to other gamers.
- Over 200 new weapons, armor, spells, objects and buildings add greater variety to gameplay.
- 52 additional races and 14 new monstrosities to conquer. Includes hideous skeletons, zombies, druids, shamans and the lethal race of necromancers. Each foe features deadly new combat abilities.
- New ally system. Players can now crush the competition by allying with Orcs and Trolls as well as people.
About Monolith Productions, Inc.
Monolith Productions, Inc., based in Kirkland, WA, is a game development and publishing company focused on combining uncompromising gaming content with the ultimate in high-end gaming technology. Founded by six game developers in 1995, Monolith's passion for programming has resulted in the creation of the LithTech 3D Engine. This proprietary software is used in the creation of Monolith products, such as the well-received Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, and is available for license to the wider development community, for whom Monolith is committed to delivering the software industry standard in licensing partner support. For the latest news and information on Monolith and it products, visit their Web site at http://www.lith.com.
For additional information, visit:
© Monolith Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.